Weekly has beens.
This week I've mostly been sequestered in my studio trying to get some things designed and organized. I have a busy few weeks coming up and I knew this was my one shot for that. I'm feeling very much like I'm back in school just constantly working on projects from home, but I'm eating better food and wine is usually involved and I'm getting paid for it, otherwise it's totes the same. ;)
Here are things I'm loving, inspiring me or are just fun.
- 16 People On Things They Couldn't Believe About America Until They Moved Here. The article is fairly long but for sure worth the read. It's really funny. When I travel abroad I always wonder what people see in the US that's interesting. I had a translator in China worried that she was too close to me because she heard that Americans like their space. I thought that was a funny thing to say, but it's true.
- Laurie Anderson's words on Lou Reed's passing. Brilliantly written. That guy will truly be missed.
- I was long awaiting Patti Smith's words on Lou Reed's passing. And of course it's beyond.
- This old article in the Wall Street Journal highlighting the incomparable designer Miles Redd was brought to my attention this week. Brilliant really. He simply fascinates me, as the article suggests he's like a young Cecil Beaton.
- Have I ever mentioned my obsession with The Man Repeller? I relate to everything they write. I love the humor in the love of the fashion industry, because really, sometimes fashion is taken so seriously it's funny. The article they did on The Imposter Syndrome is spot on.
- Again with the Man Repeller, everyone will relate to this article about The Dreaded Sunday Scaries. So. Good.
- The last thing I'll make you read is this beyond interview with Mary McDonald/ Mumz. Million Dollar Decorators anyone? Remember we spoke about this show taking over my life ;)
I'll end with this weirdness. Ira Glass makes an appearance though so it's worth watching.
Have the best weekend darlings!